Sunday, December 8, 2013

Saarthal

Vargas leaves immediately toward the excavation site at Saarthal. Bundled up against the harsh blizzard-like conditions, he is able to make is way there without any incident. Vargas is the first student to arrive, having taken a shortcut through the mountain pass. He uses this time to work on his muffling spell.

(I aquired the Muffle spell back in Whiterun, but haven't had a chance to use it yet. Everytime I cast it, my Illusion skill raises by 1 even with no one else around. I don't want Vargas to level too quickly, so I have decided to limit my use of the spell for the times when I am in need of silence. So no casting just to level up.)

Tolfdir opens the door to Saarthal and leads the students inside once everyone arrives. The architecture is very similar to that of Bleak Falls Barrow. Tolfdir leads the students down to where the excavation is taking place. Vargas is asked to look for magical artifacts by Arniel Gane, the mage leading the excavation of Saarthal for the college.

Vargas discovers a secret passage while at the excavation site. Tolfdir and Vargas are attacked by draugr as they make their way further into Saarthal.  After the attack, Vargas is given a dire warning of disaster in the future by a ghostly apparition claiming to be part of the Psijic Order.

No comments:

Post a Comment