Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Orb and the Gauldurson

Vargas begins to recognize that this excursion into an ancient Nordic tomb is going to turn out like his first. Warning Tolfdir of the dangers ahead, Vargas slips into the shadows and begins trekking deeper into Saarthal.
Kamehame.....

Vargas encounters several draugr the further he goes down into the tomb. However this time he is much more well prepared to deal with them. Using his stealth he lays down lightning traps and draws the draugr to them. For those draugr that he cannot trap, he unleashes his lightning directly.

Ha!
Dead Draugr Wight = Level 7
(This is the first opportunity I have had to use the Rune spells. I must say that while they are very magic intensive, it is fun to place them and pull enemies into them. I can see this as being a great tactic once I can get the Quiet Casting perk from the Illusion skill tree. For my level 7 perk I chose Illusion Dual Casting. This is so I can dual cat my Illusion spells on higher level enemies later. I also felt like my Destruction skill tree was getting too much attention lately.)

Vargas awaits Tolfdir when he enters the antechamber of Saarthal. There is a powerful magical orb floating in the center of the room guarded by Jyrik Gauldurson, an undead mage. This draugr is much more difficult to defeat; he is drawing power from the orb. Toldir concentrates on breaking the link between them, while Vargas releases is full magical might.

Jyrik Gauldurson and the Orb
After the battle, Tolfdir asks Vargas to immediately inform the Archmage about the events here. On his way out Vargas finds a second wall covered in ancient runes. Just like the first, he absorbs some understanding of the dragon tongue from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment