Thursday, December 5, 2013

What To Do Next?

So far I have followed the main quest in order to unlock the appearance of dragons. Normally with my other character, I stick around Whiterun and build up cash to buy Breezehome. I am trying to play Vargas differently that my other characters, so I won't be doing that. I will also leave Lydia here in Whiterun, because Vargas tends to enjoy being alone when adventuring.

Now, I have a choice to make. What does Vargas do next?


Here are my choices:
  • I can continue the main quest and head to High Hrothgar and visit the Greybeards. (I dread this long walk.)
  • I can go to Windhelm and start the Dark Brotherhood or Stormcloak Civil War questlines. (I have never done either of these before, so they are both promising.)
  • I can go to Riften and start the Thieve's Guild questline. (This questline is one that I have completed before, but it was long ago with a thief character.)
  • I can go to Winterhold and start the College questline. (This is probably the best option, since Vargas needs to work more on his magic skills. So far Illusion is lagging behind Sneak and Destruction. I've started this one before, but never went very far into it.)
  • I can go to any of the other holds and do various quests there.
I think the College of Winterhold would be the best fit for Vargas at this time in his career. Nightblade's need to be able to harness powerful magic. I can better train my Illusion magic since there is a trainer here. I will need to join to College at some point to get the Invisibility spell.

For now, I will start the College questline, but I intend to run through the Dark Brotherhood and the Thieve's Guild questlines later on.

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages has been invaluable to me so far. I use it to make sure I spell names correctly since I don't keep accurate notes when I play. I also go to that site for hints and tips on playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment